Family Social Events
Family events are scheduled throughout the year, offering fun and camaraderie across age groups.
Here’s some examples of what we get up to:
- Inflatable World
- Joint picnic with Auckland Deaf Society
- Rock climbing
- NZSL art workshop
- Trip to the swimming pools
- Tip Top factory tours
- Interactive exhibition talks at the museum
Find out about forthcoming whole family events!
It’s About Positive Experiences
“Seeing the joy on our kids faces when they come to one of our events, and connect with others ‘like them’ is so touching. When they may not have had a great week, to be able to experience such positive and uplifting emotions is so rewarding for them. Being able to facilitate emotional well being in our children is so important to our organisation.”
Every 2 years, we hold a Family Camp which is the highlight for many children and adults too! Camp usually starts on Friday night, and finishes on Sunday afternoon.
Camp is an amazing opportunity to:
- Meet and share your experiences with others
- Make new friends, and benefit from their support
- Try out some awesome new activities
- Develop your sign language skills, and get to know Deaf Community members
- Have fun!
The last camp was held from 24th to 26th February 2023 at Camp Carey Park, Henderson
The Committee have already started to plan the next camp which will be in 2025.
Check out more APODC events below!
We want to wish all APODC family and whānau the best Christmas ever so we are offering our members Zoo tickets so that